Conditions of entry in Romania
NOTICE: Conditions to be fulfilled in order to be allowed entry on the territory of Romania
- Please be advised that according to Romanian legislation in force, holding an entry visa, where necessary, does not inherently guarantee that the holder is allowed to enter the territory of Romania. In order to be allowed to enter Romania, when checks are carried out at the border crossing point, you must fulfil the appropriate entry conditions.
- IMPORTANT! As per the provisions of art.23 para(1) from Emergency Government Emergency ordinance no. 194/2002 republished and amended, please note that, upon entering the territory of Romania, both the validity of your visa, as well as the duration of your previous stays, are verified. You will be permitted entry for the time period specified on the visa sticker, as long as you have not exceeded the maximum duration of 90 days of stay within the 180 day period prior to your arrival at the border crossing point.
According to the provisions laid down in article 6, paragraph 1 from
Emergency Government Ordinance no. 194/2002
, regarding the conditions of entry on the territory of Romania, when arriving at a Romanian border post for the purpose of entry, you must comply with the following:
- a) Submit a valid travel document, the validity of which shall extend at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from the territory of Romania and it shall have been issued within the previous 10 years. The valid travel document must be recognised by the state of Romania;
- b) Depending on the case, submit an entry visa or a residence permit for Romania, issued in accordance with the provisions of the national legislation in force, or, depending on the case, any type of authorisation that grants the holder a right of transit or stay in Romania, on the grounds of European legal framework, provided that it has not been differently settled by means of international agreements;
- c) Submit documents that justify the purpose of the trip, the conditions of stay and that probe the existence of appropriate means of support for the entire period of stay, as well as for the return to the country of origin, or for the transit towards another country where you are undoubtedly allowed entry;
- d) Aliens who transit the territory of Romania, must make the proof that they are allowed to enter the country of destination, or guarantee that they will leave the territory of Romania;
- e) You are not registered in the National Schengen Information System (N.SIS) with alerts regarding the refusal of entry on the territory of Romania;
- f) You are not registered in the Schengen Information System (SIS) with alerts regarding the refusal of entry;
- g) You have not previously misused the purpose of your stay in Romania, as granted through a previous visa, or have not attempted to cross the Romanian border with falsified documents;
- h) you have not been notified by competent authorities as a hazard to national security, order or public health.
- Upon entering the territory of Romania, third-state nationals who are family members of Romanian citizens, as well as third-state nationals who hold a long-term residence permit issued by a member state of the European Union, are exempt from the obligations provided for under letters c) and d) listed above.